My name is Cheyenne La Vallee. I am a Skwxwú7mesh-Kwakwaka’wakw youth from British Columbia. I have been raised in the Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish) community of Xwmelch’stn (Capilano) in North Vancouver, but my ancestry also comes from the Kwakwaka’wakw nation on northern Vancouver Island. For the past year, I’ve been working with my brother, sister and other community members to revive our culture, our language and traditions. Specifically the work I’ve been doing involves urban agriculture, community gardens and traditional plant knowledge.
- RT @benkling: one of the reasons it's so hard to break through to certain men about Weinstein is that he exemplifies the conversion of othe… 22 hours ago
- RT @GraceStarling4: For those carrying their #MeToo with them silently, you are loved, cherished, and believed. You do not owe your story t… 22 hours ago
- RT @RMComedy: ANNOUNCING: Think Indigenous - A Podcast Series Sharing Best Practices In Indigenous… indianandcowboy.ca/2017/10/13/ann… https://t.co/R5… 3 days ago
- RT @caseyplett: Trans women are women. I want trans women to live. Trans women are women. I want trans women to live. 2 weeks ago
- RT @Khelsilem: We need your help to tell the Provincial governments it’s time that #IndigenousLanguages be protected in law: https://t.co/R… 2 weeks ago