My name is Cheyenne La Vallee. I am a Skwxwú7mesh-Kwakwaka’wakw youth from British Columbia. I have been raised in the Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish) community of Xwmelch’stn (Capilano) in North Vancouver, but my ancestry also comes from the Kwakwaka’wakw nation on northern Vancouver Island. For the past year, I’ve been working with my brother, sister and other community members to revive our culture, our language and traditions. Specifically the work I’ve been doing involves urban agriculture, community gardens and traditional plant knowledge.
- RT @venikunche: Y'all, please don't become the gatekeepers after you get through the gate. If anything, open it up for more people. 🧡 1 month ago
- @TransLink the 240 bus driver just got upset with me because I tapped my card on the back card reader. Maybe buses… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago
- RT @AngelaSterritt: Former Squamish Nation council co-chair charged with fraud, theft globalnews.ca/news/4842166/f… 6 months ago
- RT @dearnonnatives: I don’t understand people who are anti-straw but are pro things like fake fur. The synthetic materials that fake fur… 6 months ago
- @michellesound Congrats! 6 months ago