My name is Cheyenne La Vallee. I am a Skwxwú7mesh-Kwakwaka’wakw youth from British Columbia. I have been raised in the Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish) community of Xwmelch’stn (Capilano) in North Vancouver, but my ancestry also comes from the Kwakwaka’wakw nation on northern Vancouver Island. For the past year, I’ve been working with my brother, sister and other community members to revive our culture, our language and traditions. Specifically the work I’ve been doing involves urban agriculture, community gardens and traditional plant knowledge.
- RT @joyfulcarla: Indigenous languages lost, found and shared - Home | Unreserved | CBC Radio cbc.ca/radio/unreserv… 3 days ago
- RT @Khelsilem: "Language is an old growth forest of the mind." It was great to chat and excited to see what is to come! https://t.co/Hkdveb… 6 days ago
- RT @vusinessworld: What is #ParticipatoryBudgeting? An explainer ow.ly/k5zC30cy1Ux #civicengagement #socinn https://t.co/coVfluuK4y 1 week ago
- RT @cbcbooks: The newest comic-book heroes are real-life Filipino caregivers: cbc.ca/arts/the-newes… 2 weeks ago
- After an accident involving water & the modem, it looks like tonight will be a night of reading, painting & face to face convos w/ siblings! 2 weeks ago